Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why Firmly Planted

I've been wanting to start this for a long time. I wanted an outlet to write about what I'm learning from my reading and from Life. I have 6 grandchildren now. I skipped motherhood and went straight to Grandmotherhood. (But that is a whole other post). I'm learning so many life lessons from these 6 little people. I choose the title Firmly Planted from Psalm One."And she will be like a tree FIRMLY PLANTED by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever she does she prospers."Through life I find that this tree of mine has withstood all kinds of weather. Windy stroms, lightning, dry hot seasons, perfect lovely springs. Being Firmly Planted, in strong soil, by streams of water. My soil is my faith in Christ, the streams of water are the life giving water of the spirit that nourishes me. The leaf represents my knowledge that through it all, God is in control and wants only the best for me, when I follow His path. For me, prosperity at the end of the verse is about a life well lived, not how I do financially.
draft
11:00:00 AM
by Firmly Planted
Delete
1 – 1 of 1

No comments: